Last year the hubby had several companies wanting him to interview with them. This was a surprise considering that he had not been looking for a new job. He had been with his previous company for 8 years ever since he retired from the Navy after 24-1/2 years service. After much discussion we decided that he would interview with one of the companies. He ended up interview at 2 of their locations and having both locations wanting him. We discussed it and made pros & cons lists and discussed it some more and in the end the decision was made that he would take the offer for their Virginia location.
We had 2 weeks from the time we received the written offer to get our house sold and everything moved. Unfortunately we ended up having to do our move in 2 parts. The hubby left Tennessee on November 1st with a truck load and then flew back on November 15th to pick up the rest of us with a second truck load. So we are starting out the new year in a new place with a new job for the hubby and our oldest son. Temporarily renting a condo for 6 months while we figure out where we want to live so that we can look for a house to buy.
Now on to the things that I want to focus on this year:
- Eat better - I did so well for about 8 months with watching what I ate and then it all fell apart.
- Create more - I am ready to get back to creating again. I'm contemplating starting an art journal.
- Start moving - Ever since I ended up having to stop studying martial arts 3 years ago I have done nothing but sit and I can feel it in my joints.
- Read lots - Last year I read 134 books so this one should be pretty easy.
- Save money - We have been working on this for a while now but I want to see where I can cut cost and try to get a good emergency fund built up so we can start investing for retirement.
- Improve skincare - This is something that I was so good about in my 20s but in my 30s and early 40s I gave up on and my skin shows it terrible.
- Create a wearable closet - After gaining a good deal of weight I stopped buying anymore clothes than absolutely necessary and things are starting to look worn out and old. I just need to figure out to dress not too young and not too old either. I have a ton of ideas saved on Pinterest.