2014 a Fresh New Year

Here we are at the start of a brand new year. Lots of new things going on in our lives that I will share before I get to the list of things I want/need to work on this year.

Last year the hubby had several companies wanting him to interview with them. This was a surprise considering that he had not been looking for a new job. He had been with his previous company for 8 years ever since he retired from the Navy after 24-1/2 years service. After much discussion we decided that he would interview with one of the companies. He ended up interview at 2 of their locations and having both locations wanting him. We discussed it and made pros & cons lists and discussed it some more and in the end the decision was made that he would take the offer for their Virginia location.

We had 2 weeks from the time we received the written offer to get our house sold and everything moved. Unfortunately we ended up having to do our move in 2 parts. The hubby left Tennessee on November 1st with a truck load and then flew back on November 15th to pick up the rest of us with a second truck load. So we are starting out the new year in a new place with a new job for the hubby and our oldest son. Temporarily renting a condo for 6 months while we figure out where we want to live so that we can look for a house to buy.

Now on to the things that I want to focus on this year:

  • Eat better - I did so well for about 8 months with watching what I ate and then it all fell apart. 
  • Create more - I am ready to get back to creating again. I'm contemplating starting an art journal.
  • Start moving - Ever since I ended up having to stop studying martial arts 3 years ago I have done nothing but sit and I can feel it in my joints.
  • Read lots - Last year I read 134 books so this one should be pretty easy.
  • Save money - We have been working on this for a while now but I want to see where I can cut cost and try to get a good emergency fund built up so we can start investing for retirement.
  • Improve skincare - This is something that I was so good about in my 20s but in my 30s and early 40s I gave up on and my skin shows it terrible. 
  • Create a wearable closet - After gaining a good deal of weight I stopped buying anymore clothes than absolutely necessary and things are starting to look worn out and old. I just need to figure out to dress not too young and not too old either. I have a ton of ideas saved on Pinterest.

Comments

  1. Happy New Year Suzanne. IT's been awhile since I've stopped by. Sounds like you have had a very busy year! Hope 2014 is not so crazy but just as exciting for you!!
    Hope to be back by more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mikki! Based on your blog post you had a pretty exciting year yourself.

      Delete

Post a Comment