2.02.2007

Prayers for those in Florida!

I was surprised to wake up this morning & hear about a tornado hitting Florida. For some reason I've never thought about tornadoes this time of year. We've always watched the sky for tornadoes during the spring & summer storms, but I don't ever remember being concerned about them in the fall or winter.
Nighttime tornadoes are the worst because no one is awake to get a warning & no chance to try and get to a safe location. We had a bunch of tornadoes go through middle Tennessee last spring and it was so scary. I was stuck at home listening to the radio talk about the path, knowing that my son's middle school was right in the path. It completely leveled a brick home next door to the school. All I could do was pray for his & the other kids protection. We were blessed that the school was protected. We all need to pray for those in Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment