95 year old woman to graduate from college!

This lady was on Martha today by phone. It was just amazing to me to think about someone going to college at 95. I guess it is hard for me to understand someone that age getting around so well & having the mental capacity to do that. My grandmother just turned 80 this year and even at 60 or 70 I could not even begin to image her doing something like this. Joe's grandmother on the other I could see. His grandmother is in her 70's and runs a little convenience store full time & takes care of her sick kids and her home and garden too.

Most days I don't even feel like getting out of my pj's much less doing something like going back to college. I really do hate feeling like this. I have often thought about going back to school and getting a degree in something. I just can't seem to find the energy most days to take care of my house much less anything else. Maybe going to college would do me some good. It would get me out of the house and maybe help me shake this depressing mood I stay in too. Something to think about for when both boys are in school full time come August.

Comments

  1. WOW, 95! That's impressive! I'm 36 now, just finished taking Chemistry in Night School, taking biology next year, THEN going back to college. I'll be 38. And I'm PETRIFIED!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment