Skip to main content

Book Time Saturday

I have been on a reading jag as of late. I went so long without reading much and then the last couple of months I've been wanting to do nothing but read. Here are my thoughts on the latest reads.

I just finished the Sue Grafton one today. This is the latest book in the Kinsey Millhone series. I have read all of them from A thru T now. I like these books but will admit that they can be very slow reading at times. For anyone not familiar with this series they are written about a female private investigator an the different cases and things that happen to her. I would recommend them if you enjoy this type of story.


I read this one last week. I very much enjoyed this one. I have never read any of Janet Evanovich's books, so I wasn't sure whether I would like them or not. I enjoyed it so much that have the next 2 of this series sitting on the bookshelf waiting to be read. It is a series about a woman named Stephanie Plum who becomes a bounty hunter. This one tells you how she fell into that line of work. There were some laugh out loud moments and it was so enjoyable that I read it in just a few days time. There are 14 books in this series so I have lots more to keep busy with for a while.

I hope that I don't bore everyone with all this stuff about the books I'm reading but know how it is to be looking for something new to read and thought maybe it would help some of you to find something new to read.

Comments

  1. I think I'd enjoy both of these series. I LOVE to read. Often read several books a week. Because I read so much I try not to be choosy and instead I try to be cheap! I get most my books from thrift stores and yard sales (at .25 to .99 each). My boss also loans me bags of books (his wife reads like I do). Thanks for sharing...I'll keep my eye out for these series.

    Jane
    SBS4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE Stephanie Plum fan! JE writes so that I laugh out loud a lot. You'll get a kick out of the series. Let's see, a new book comes out every June or July and occasionally there's a smaller special release book. I haven't liked her other books as well as Stephanie Plum. I'm in love with all of Stephanie's men. LOL! Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Holy...Hot Flash... Batman!!!

It appears that I am definitely in menopause at least according to my recent blood test. I've been going through perimenopause for the last several years. You know hot flashes, night sweats and crazy cycles, etc. In the past twelve months I've only had 2 periods and the hot flashes have been worse than ever!

Symptoms of Menopause:

Irregular periods...checkHot Flashes...double checkNight sweats...checkLoss of libido...unfortunatelyVaginal dryness...some timesMood swings, anxiety...check much to my hubby & kids chagrinFatigue...yepSleep disturbances...every nightMemory lapses...not as much as hubby would hope for ;-)Headaches...noWeight gain...ehJoint pain...no more than usual Don't get me wrong...I.do.not.miss.having periods in any way shape or form. I've told the hubby for years that we were going to throw a big ol' menopause party when the time comes. The only problem with that is I'm too tired to make the arrangements...LOL. The hot flashes waking me up mul…

Guess who is Sewing...

Look what I made!!! I have not done anything creative in a very long time. Don't ask me what made me decide to give sewing a go again because I have no idea. The pattern for this bag is from Alicia Paulson and is called Jane Market Bag, you can find it on her website for only $6. It was so easy to follow the instructions. I would definitely recommend that you have a larger cutting surface and ruler to make it easier to cut the pieces out. My little 12x12 cutting surface and 6x13 clear ruler made cutting the pieces slightly difficult but not impossible.

Don't you just love the red fabric! I purchased the fabric at JoAnn Fabrics a couple of years ago to make an apron and since I had some left over thought I would use it for my first bag. The pattern calls for the use of 4 different fabrics but I decided to just use the 3. The inside of the bag is lined with the same black and white check fabric I used on the handles. These are so cute & are a great size so I will definitely …

Must Read Monday: Reapers Motorcycle Club series

A friend turned me on to the Reapers Motorcycle Club series by Joanna Wylde and I loved it!! I was so engrossed in the stories that, not only did I pull all night read-a-thons, I actually dreamed about the characters. Definitely cannot remember being able to say that about any other books I've read. The dreams even included my hubby being a Reaper and me as his old lady which surprising seemed like a perfect fit for us. I will add that if you have a problem with rough sex or women being called "property" then these books will not be for you. 

Book 1: Reaper's Property tells the story of Horse and Marie. Marie's brother steals money from the MC and after Horse takes one look at Marie decides to kidnap her as motivation for her brother to repay the money. Even though I loved the series by the end I will say that this one was not my favorite book or couple and honestly I almost did not go on except for the reassurance from my enabling friend Janice that they got be…