I got a new toy to play with...

I finally bought a new camera. Been playing with it for about a week and a half now. The price on the Nikon D80 dropped after the D90 came out. Now to figure out how to use this thing. There are so many buttons and knobs. I still need to get an external flash & I think I'm going to buy a 50mm F/1.8 and then sell the kit lens that came with it. I also need to find a camera bag, but I want something cute like a Vera Bradley bag or something equally cute to use.
I'm hoping that I will again find my creative mojo and be able to start doing something creative again soon.

I also bought a Canon XSi and tried the 2 cameras out side-by-side because I was torn between the two. The XSi is a nice enough camera, but it does not have the same quality feel that the Nikon has. I took several photos with both cameras making sure to match the settings. Then I printed them out. The photos were very close to each other printed even though the XSi has 2 more megapixels. When the flashes popped up on the cameras the one on the Canon jerked the whole camera, when the Nikon one popped up you could barely even tell it happened. So I returned the XSi to the store today.

Comments

  1. Oooh, very classy looking camera! I think it would look perfect in a Vera Bradley bag :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! congrats for your new toy! It looks really good!

    Sorry I haven't been a good sista!! please forgive me! I was really busy this semester! but I'm almost finishing so I will be visiting more often!

    Merry Christmas!

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun taking lots of great pics on this super groovy camera! glad to hear your review of the two.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment