12.15.2008

I passed my Gold Belt test!

I don't think I had ever mentioned on here that dh and I started studying martial arts the May. DH wanted us to have a common activity that we do together since we each have our own hobbies. He figured that since the kids had already been in martial arts for a year that would be a good activity for us too.

I'm still not sure how much I'm liking it but I'm doing it. We official receive our green belts on Thursday at the belt ceremony. We are studying a mixed form of martial arts that includes: Korean Tae Kwon Do, American boxing, Thai kickboxing, Filipino knife and stick fighting, Japanese and Chinese weapon training training, practical street self defense techniques, and submission grappling from the ground.

4 comments:

  1. WHOA!!!! You go girl!!!!! Good for you and congrats on the Green belt!!!!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! My sister and her hubby met at Tae Kwon Do. She got her black belt when she was late in her pregnancy with #2 because she wasn't sure she'd have time afterwards. And, she hasn't! :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yanitza Ramos12/18/2008 9:22 AM

    Congratulations on the new toy and on making the gold belt! Keep on going ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats my friend!! DH wants me to do some martial art too!! is funny cause he said the same!! and my girls are on martial arts too!!

    Love,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete