12.09.2009

Too Much Plastic...

Since I've lived on my own I have always had a cabinet full of Tupperware, Rubbermaid, etc. The mess that has always come with it all has driven me crazy. Recently I absolutely couldn't stand it any longer and decided it was time to do something. Check out the difference! (You can click on the photo to see a larger view)

I filled up one box with all of the round and odd plastic containers and took them to Goodwill and then filled up another box with all the containers that were missing lids or just plain looked nasty and put them out for garbage pickup. Then we went to Target and bought some of theseand some more of theseAs you can see from the before and after photos it made a huge difference in space and clutter as well as the time in putting them away and finding what you need. They all stack so nice and neat and you can locate the right size container without having to empty the entire cabinet. An added benefit to these containers is that they fit so nicely in the refrigerator too. Taking up much less space then the round ones. Space inside my refrigerator is a commodity so anything that helps open up more room is always welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is impressive. I'm always a bit afraid to open my tupperware cabinet. You never know what will tumble out. I know there are things in there that haven't been used in at least 15 years. I'll have to try and remember this after the holidays when I have a bit more free time.

    ReplyDelete