Struggles and Changes...

Sometimes I think these 2 things go hand in hand. Most times it takes struggles to bring about changes in our lives. I know that most of you who have found my little corner of the world wide web don't know that I have struggled for many years with my weight and along with that my manner of dressing, among other things.

Last year I made a decision that enough was enough and that it was time to deal with these issues. I was never heavy or chunky or any of those other words we use for people who are overweight until I was about 28 or 29 and then the weight just started piling on. At my heaviest I was about 190. That weight might look great on a 6' tall man but not so much on a 5' 6" woman. When I started this struggle to get to a healthy weight and size I was down to 174 and had maintained that weight for a number of years. Still to heavy for my height and fame size. I'm working on this issue and hope that 2010 is going to be my year to finally succeed.

The struggle I've had with clothing is that when I gained all the weight my love of shopping & clothes went away and at times I have dressed like an 80 year old woman or a schlumpy, dumpy mom with no fashion sense. When I think back about the clothes I've worn over the last 10 years or so I'm horrified! I have been following a couple of fashion blogs we the woman look great and I'm hoping to take lessons from each of them.

And finally the other thing I'm hoping to work on this year is our home. I am 42 years old and in the 18 years that hubby and I have been together I have never had a completely decorated home. The biggest problem I struggle with in this area is being too damn picky and not having the ability to just pick things out. I have purchased so many thing that I thought I loved until I started trying to put them together in a room only to find out that I hated them. This year I must work on stopping this trend and start making definite decisions and follow through with getting our home finished. I would be so embarrassed for anyone to come in and see how unfinished our home is.

Comments

  1. Hey hon! I have been struggling with my weight for years. I know how you feel. I do however love to clothes shop, I am fortunate that I am able to coordinate really great outfits, if I must say so myself! LOL!! I also love to interior decorate. The trick is to pick 3 colours for any room then always keep the paint chips in your purse. It really helps when coordinating fabrics and accessories. If you ever need an opinion or advise you have my ear...or well..you know. Good luck honey with your goals for 2010! I know you will achieve them. :^D Hugz from Winnipeg, Sunshine :^D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sincere candidness really touches me. I can completely relate to you, the weight, the loss of fashion, the unfinished house, the desperate desire to rid ourselves of all this unwanted disarray. Just add some years and pounds, and you are speaking from my heart too. I'll be following your efforts to take back the life you want and drawing inspiration from it. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment