Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheeese Icing



I had some pumpkin leftover from last weeks cupcakes so I thought I would try a different pumpkin recipe. These are even better than the cupcakes were. I found the recipe for these here: Pumpkin Cookies . I again followed the recipe exact. These cookies are sort of cake like and because I didn't have a scoop the right size ended up with 24 cookies instead of the 18 it says.

I don't think that I would change anything about this particular recipe. Everyone like them and my son said he liked the better without the icing. So next time I will only put icing on part of them. This was also my first time of using parchment paper to bake with and I loved the ease of removal from the cookie sheets & the ease of cleanup too.


FYI - according to the Very Best Baking by Nestle (the maker of Libby's canned pumpkin) website FAQ you can store leftover pumpkin for 1 week in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer. They recommend scooping the pumpkin into a fridge/freezer safe container for storage.

If you’re freezing it, leave a bit of room at the top of the container for the pumpkin to expand when frozen. When the pumpkin thaws it may appear to separate due to air bubbles this won’t affect its taste or texture in your recipes.

Comments

  1. Thank you for stopping by Southern Comfort in a Northern Life. I appreciate all the kinds words from everyone while I am in this trying time with another move:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment