Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing

I stocked up on canned pumpkin last year when they were talking about a shortage and now I have 3 cans of it sitting in my pantry that I need to use. I found the recipe for the cupcakes and the icing here: Pumpkin Cupcakes & Cream Cheese Icing . I did follow the recipes exactly except for adding cinnamon to the icing.

The one thing that I liked about this recipe over others I found was that it doesn't have oil. Some of the other ones I found called for oil and butter or to use a cake mix. These are good but I think next time I will add more pumpkin to the cupcake batter and a little more cinnamon to the icing. I need to make sure I buy unsalted butter too.

Comments

  1. These look wonderful. Now I feel the need to add baking to tomorrow's "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmmmm....recipe chickie!!!??? These would be perfect to make this weekend for the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh when my in-laws came from Illinois, they bought a bunch of cans of pumpkin here in Colorado because they couldn't find any there.

    I make a pumpkin bread that has the same ingredients... my daughter and I are going to make the cupcakes this weekend. Thanks for sharing the recipe... yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of adding cinnamon to the cream cheese frosting. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne just wanted to pop back in and thank you once again for the recipe. My daughter and I made them this weekend and they were a big hit, everyone loved them especially with the cream cheese frosting. Yummy! Have a great week ~ Jovi

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious.. I can't wait to try some.. Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment