Homemade Ice Cream....YUMMY

courtesy of Cuisinart

For a while now, I have been trying get rid of as much processed food from our families diet as I can. One area we were still eating processed was ice cream because I could not convince Joe that we needed one of these countertop ice cream makers. Last month I got lucky and found the little beauty above on Craiglist for just $15. I have already used it twice and I think it could be the best $15 I have every spent.
I have made 2 of the recipes that are in the manual and I can say without a doubt that it is so much better tasting than store bought.  The basic vanilla only required 4 ingredients and 30 minutes to make. Even the strawberry was just 6 ingredients and 30 minutes. It is good the day you make it but oh man the next day is even better!

There are several companies that make these machines and I'm sure they all work equally well.This one make 1-1/2 quart but I know they also make one the makes 2 quarts as well. If your family loves ice cream and you are looking ways to clear you diet of processed than one of these is a great little addition to you kitchen.It is so easy to use and the results are fabulous.

Comments

  1. might just need to get one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, we have the same one and my hubby and son loves it! Glad that I don't really care for ice cream.

    I did try the chairs in the den but Gary didn't like them there. I loved them! But then I would have to buy something for the kitchen.

    Yes, that recliner is staying. He bought it last April (thinking that we would be in that house) and he wanted the big one. He deserves it because he works hard and loves to get in his chair at night and watch that huge tv:) I know that the recliner doesn't work in the room and that is the whole problem. LOL!

    I am still working on it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great find! We have an ice cream maker but I haven't had it out in years. Thanks for the reminder..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzanne! Yes, my hubby is a keeper:) That letter made me smile! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great find and all the pumpkin goodies below...yummy....have a wonderful day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment