Must Read Monday: Reapers Motorcycle Club series

A friend turned me on to the Reapers Motorcycle Club series by Joanna Wylde and I loved it!! I was so engrossed in the stories that, not only did I pull all night read-a-thons, I actually dreamed about the characters. Definitely cannot remember being able to say that about any other books I've read. The dreams even included my hubby being a Reaper and me as his old lady which surprising seemed like a perfect fit for us. I will add that if you have a problem with rough sex or women being called "property" then these books will not be for you. 


Book 1: Reaper's Property tells the story of Horse and Marie. Marie's brother steals money from the MC and after Horse takes one look at Marie decides to kidnap her as motivation for her brother to repay the money. Even though I loved the series by the end I will say that this one was not my favorite book or couple and honestly I almost did not go on except for the reassurance from my enabling friend Janice that they got better to just keep reading.

Book 2: Reaper's Legacy tells Ruger and Sophie's story. Ruger first sees Sophie when she is dating his brother in high school. Sophie ends up pregnant and has to call Ruger to help her get to the hospital. Over the years he continues to watch out for her and his nephew but being a single parent comes with it's own special problems. When Ruger gets a call from his terrified nephew he rides all night to him and demands that Sophie and Noah move into his house.

Book 3: Reaper's Stand is about Hunter and Em. Em is the Reaper MC president's daughter . Em meets Liam online and ends up being tricked into meeting him where she is kidnapped by Liam/Hunter who is a member of the Devil's Jacks MC which is a rival of the Reapers. Through all of their online contact Hunter falls for Em and decides that he wants her for his old lady. This was my favorite couple of all! I cannot explain it but there was just something about these two that made you want everything to work out for them.

Book 4: Devil's Game tells Picnic and London's story. Picnic is the Reapers' president and London is the owner of a cleaning company the club hires to clean their businesses. Picnic is immediately drawn to London even though she is so far outside of understanding the club's lifestyle. London's niece who she has raised as her own winds up kidnapped by a drug cartel and London and the Reapers must try to save her. This one was an all-nighter and kept me up til 4 am because I could not put it down. Those damn Reapers get under your skin.

There are no cliffhangers and you do not have to read them in order. The characters do carryover through each of the books and each book just gets better and better. This series involves lots of alpha males, some criminal activity, new friendships, brotherhood, some rough sex & hard loving, kidnapping and even a drug cartel. I'm so glad I did not stop with the first one!

Comments