3.16.2015

Must Read Monday: The Bars That Hold Us


The Bars That Hold Us by Shelly Pratt is the story of Saxon a prisoner in prison for manslaughter and Mercy a heartbroken police officer who is grieving the death of her fiance. Mercy completely cuts herself off from life for a year after her fiance's death when her father finally convinces her to take a job at the local prison. There she meets Saxon Miles.

Saxon saves Mercy from being raped and they end up thrown together in the prison library for hours on end by the warden. Slowly Mercy begins to let go of her fiance Daniel's ghost and begins to have feelings for Saxon. I enjoyed this book at least until the end and then I ended up very ticked off. The ending was completely unexpected and I never even saw it coming. I give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

I will definitely be looking for more books from this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment